This seems like it should be obvious but it turns out getting PEAR isn’t straight forward. The documentation at pear.php.net is inaccurate for a windows install where you use the installer at php.iis.net to install PHP on IIS7. It turns out there is no go-pear.bat file in your php directory after installing this way. However, after some trial and error and a bit of luck I figured out this seven steps to getting PEAR installed.
- Download go-pear.phar at http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar
- put that file in your php home directory.
- open a command window as administrator; move to your php home directory
- enter “php go-pear.phar” without quotes
- accept the default value for everything it asks about; system wide, path options, updating your php.ini etc
- once the script is done pear is installed; you just have one last step
- in windows explorer go to your php home directory and double click on PEAR_ENV.reg to update your registry
The PEAR Manual is a nightmare. Totally unclear of how to install.
Thanks so much for these easy steps!
Thank you! I’m not too good with windows and these steps worked a charm